The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries, Rural Transformation, Industry, and Labour and the Royal St. Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force in a collaborative effort, intend to address the ongoing scourge of praedial larceny in the country.
To this end, the two entities met on Tuesday, 13th September, 2022, and have resolved to:
- Restart the stop and search activities at the district level.
- Instituting an educational campaign to improve stakeholders’ awareness of their roles and responsibilities.
- Hosting of joint meetings and briefings by the Royal St. Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force and the Ministry Forestry Fisheries Rural Transformation Industry Labour.
- Use of technology to aid in the monitoring and for evidence gathering.
- Advocating for a greater level of prosecution under the Agricultural Produce and Livestock (Prevention of Theft) Act as opposed to the criminal code.
SOURCE: Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries, Rural Transformation, Industry & Labour